Remote musings from my mobile via Twitter

My most recent photos on Flickr

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Team Ashurst


Team Ashurst
Originally uploaded by Schmodt.
On Sunday Julia and her work colleagues ran in aid of a children's cancer charity - the Terry Fox Run, I think - in Hyde Park, central London.

Her mum and I had a leisurely breakfast and strolled down to meet her after the run. Then we took a gentle tour of some of London's more famous landmarks, without really committing too much of our precious time and energy to any of them, before going home for a dinner of slowly stewed lamb shanks (bloody marvellous) and botched German hash brown-style potato cakes.

Julia's mum is with us until Wednesday. I swear we will get the potato cakes (called 'Reibekuchen') right before then, but Julia has bought a bag of frozen hash browns in case. Not the same though...

No comments: