Remote musings from my mobile via Twitter

My most recent photos on Flickr

www.flickr.com

Monday, July 04, 2005

Yellow London

Today’s the day after London’s busiest weekend ever, in which I missed everything while moving house. For those who have been asleep, I missed (in ascending order of importance):
- The men’s finals at Wimbledon
- The women’s finals at Wimbledon (I stood to make £24 if Davenport had won. She didn’t. This tells you something about my luck.)
- Live8
- The final of the Natwest one-day international series between England and Australia at Lord’s
- Hornsey Carnival

I did, on the other hand, manage to make it to Alex Brown’s housewarming party just east of Brick Lane in Bethnal Green.My girlfriend has been chiding me for a while about being annoying while drunk. So I was on best behaviour for Alex’s party. I reckon it all went off pretty well, but it turns out I disappeared for 45minutes when my girlfriend said she wanted to leave, and then introduced myself to the taxi driver on the way home. Personally I don’t see much wrong with that. Maybe it’s something that comes with age and responsibility. Why shouldn’t I be a bit stoopid when I’m drunk? I guess it’s the drip-drip effect. She’s had three years of silliness to put up with, and it’s probably wearing a little thin. Then again, I’ve been hanging out with me for 28 years, and I still like me.

No comments: